2020 has been one heck of a year so far! The onset of COVID-19 has affected our community drastically, and uprisings here and all over the country proclaiming what is already central to The Capital Market…#BLACKLIVESMATTER. We are grateful for the ways our neighbors have stepped in and filled the gap, from mobilizing quickly to distribute free groceries, to transitioning quickly to virtual learning platforms, to making sure our essential workers received the necessary PPE to keep us all safe. Our hearts continue to overflow.
And just when you thought 2020 was cancelled…BOOM! The Capital Market of 20743 is back, with a twist. New location, same great produce, and of course great vibes. Our friends at Mary & Main recognize that your health, quality of life, and access to fresh healthy produce is vital, and want to do their part in improving the local food system. So we present to you– The Capital Market @ Mary & Main for the Summer/Fall Season.
Register for the CSA TODAY!
Friday, July 31st | 12pm – 4pm
8801 Hampton Mall Dr N, Capitol Heights, MD 20743
Free gift bags of locally-made artisan treats for the first 20 registrants.
- Sign-Up for The Black Farm CSA, each Friday from July 31- October 9th, 2020, you’ll receive a variety of fresh produce from our farmers every week. Selection is seasonal, featuring apples, green beans, broccoli, berries, cabbage, carrots, celery, corn, cucumbers, greens, melons, onions, bell peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, radishes, squash, and tomatoes. Includes 9 pickups in a 10-week season. REGISTER HERE: csa.thecapitalmarketof20743.com
- Attend the official LAUNCH PARTY. The Capital Market @ Mary & Main officially kicks off-on Friday July 31st at 2pm. Bring friends and get ready to celebrate. (Socially distance style of course.)
- Be a Social Media Influencer. Connect with The Capital Market on social media >> @TheCapitalMarket20743 & @maryandmain on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. And spread the Word.
- Share that you’re in with The Capital Market at Mary & Main. Share the text below in email, or on the grapevine.
“I’m helping to improve food access in Capitol Heights. Attend the launch of @TheCapitalMarket20743 with me on Friday, July 31st at 2:00pm to learn how you can be a food advocate too. #princegeorgesproud #farmersmarkets #growninpgc #princegeorges #loveMDmarket
- Make a Donation to The Capital Market. The Capital Market doesn’t just happen, it takes a lot of time and funding to help support infrastructure it needs to operate successfully. Consider making a donation to help sustain the ongoing operations of the market. Email email@example.com for more information on making a donation.